The Shopify API is a powerful tool that would let you access particular data. To get the API Credentials, you have to create a Private App in the admin page of the Shopify store. Here is a step-by-step guide:
Generating Private API Credentials
- Login to your Shopify admin panel.
- Click on Apps, then click on Manage private apps at bottom of page.
- Click Create a new private app.
- At App details section, enter Private app name.
- At Admin API section, click on Review disabled Admin API permissions to expand full list of permissions, then specify the API resources and permissions to which your app/migration requires access. If you want to use this Private app for Next-Cart migration program, set all access levels of the permissions to Read and write (or the highest access level).
- At Storefront API section, uncheck/disable Allow this app to access your storefront data using the Storefront API option.
- Click on Save button then confirm.
- Now you can get API Key and Password at Admin API section.