Bring your digital business to another high level with Google Shopping Feed Magento 2! This feed integrates Google marketplace with your online Magento 2 store. Your sales performance definitely will improve, as Google Shopping drives more traffic and increases engagement.
This article gives you an overview of Magento 2 Google Product Feed, instructs you on setting up the feed, and compares it to other top free and paid extensions. Please scroll down to find out!
- Overview Of Google Shopping Feed For Magento 2?
- How To Setup Google Shopping Feed Magento 2?
- Step 1: Extract the downloaded file
- Step 2: Run 4 installation commands
- Step 3: Flush the cache and reindex all
- Set up Google Shopping
- Top Free And Premium Extensions For Google Shopping Magento 2
- #1: Magenest Magento 2 Google Shopping
- #2: Magenest Magento 2 Product Feed
- #3: Mageplaza Magento 2 Product Feed
- #4: Mirasvit Advanced Product Feeds for Magento 2
- #5: Land Of Coder Magento 2 Product Feed
- #6: Plum Rocket Magento 2 Data Feed Generator Extension
- #7: Webkul Google Shopping Feed Magento 2
- #8: Magebees Product Feed Generator For Magento 2
- #9: FME Magento 2 Google Feed
Overview Of Google Shopping Feed For Magento 2?
What Is Google Shopping?
eCommerce beginners may wonder: “what is Google Shopping?”. It is a service from Google that shows goods from different digital stores in a searchable format. The purpose of Google Shopping is to give ease to users in searching and buying products. Also, customers can compare items from different providers to find out the best one by using this service.
What Is Google Shopping Feed Magento 2?
Google Shopping Feed Magento 2 is an extension that helps online store owners to list their goods on the search page Google. The shown products will stand next to competitors on the market.
In detail, the extension helps store owners to do the 3 following primary tasks:
- Build Google Product feeds for the goods in their online store
- Export the goods to the Google Merchant product feed account
- Integrate Magento categories with ones in Google Shopping Feed
How To Setup Google Shopping Feed Magento 2?
We assume that you already have an online store on Magento 2. In case you have just moved to this platform, we recommend you use the Next-Cart shopping cart migration tool to transfer data and extensions from your old website to Magento.
The very first thing to do is install the Google Shopping Feed Magento 2.
Step 1: Extract the downloaded file
The downloadable format of the feed is .zip. You will have to unzip this file after it is completely downloaded.
As you extract the zip file, remember to transfer the folder named “app” into the root directory of Magento on the server. This “app” folder is located in the folder named “src.”
Step 2: Run 4 installation commands
Open the terminal and input 4 commands in the Magento 2 root directory that we mention below.
The 1st command:
composer require google/apiclient
The 2nd command:
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
The 3rd command:
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
The 4th command:
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
Step 3: Flush the cache and reindex all
The last thing you need to do is flush the cache and reindex everything. You do this step by navigating from System to Cache Management.
Set up Google Shopping
The extension is now working. You will need to do the following 3 primary tasks to set up Google Shopping for Magento 2
- Prepare the Merchant Account
- Configure the feed
- Integrate the feed with Google
Keep in mind that Google reviews your goods within 24 hours. The results of the review will be shown under the Diagnostics tab from the Merchant Center.
Prepare the Merchant Account
You can not set up the Google Shopping Feed without having a Merchant Account.
Access the link below to sign up for a Google Merchant Account:
As you complete claiming and validating your online store, do the 3 following steps:
Step 1: Settings -> SFTP and FTP
You build an FTP account in the Merchant Center. Set up a password and keep it memorized.
Step 2: Settings -> Account Linking
You build a link that navigates to your Google Ads account.
Step 3: Tax:
You customize the rules for tax. Choose the rules based on the standard for Magento tax zones.
Configure the feed
Follow 6 steps to configure the feed:
Step 1: Add a new feed section
Add a feed section and then apply Google Shopping Feed under Feed Type.
Step 2: Adjust the target Store View
Customize the target Store View. You need to build different feeds for different target countries. The Store Views for different target markets should be different, as it relates to the user interface. Don’t forget to set up the displayed Feed Currency on the default currency of each country.
Step 3: Review the Columns Map tab
Check the Columns Map tab: The configuration of the Columns Map tab is set at basic. It matches most catalogs from many online stores. However, if you sell particular types of goods, the value of your catalog may not match the default settings. That’s why you should review and make changes to the tab.
In case you provide Apparels in your eCommerce store, add these extra columns:
As apparels are types of products that are configurable, you may consider using the Variant Attribute directive to the map size and color on configurable attributes. On the other hand, use Custom Options instead of Variant Attribute if your products are simple and not configurable.
Most stores include taxes in the product prices. However, this thing is not the same in US stores. If you do your business in the USA, consider turning the tax off in the 2 columns: price and sale_price.
Step 4: Categorize the goods in the Categories Map tab
In the Categories Map tab, you can categorize your goods.
You select the correct Feed Localization. It corresponds to your target country and displays language. There are autocomplete boxes that help settings a lot quicker and easier. The auto-filling categories are based on the taxonomy of Google.
Pay attention to the Taxonomy Field. You should not input this category according to your preference. Instead, use the autocomplete feature. If the taxonomy does not meet the Google standard, it will not be validated.
Step 5: Set up Shipping taxes
Choose Shipping taxes
If you sell physical products that need to be delivered to your customers, you may consider adding shipping fees and shipping taxes.
You can set up your requirements for shipping taxes by mapping:
The Shipping taxes may be set differently for many target countries.
Step 6: Set up the upload schedule in Run Schedule and Uploads
You can customize the Run Schedule and Uploads.
Open the Run Schedule tab tap on the Add Schedule button to set up the hour when your Google Shopping feed should be regenerated every day.
There is a Batch mode, but it should be applied for large catalogs or servers that have low memory of PHP.
In the Uploads tab, you can click on the Add Account button to fill in the FTP account information that you have created in the Merchant Center.
Learn to do eCommerce on Magento:
- How to Migrate from BigCommerce to Magento
- How to optimize Magento website – 2022 newest guide
- How to add products on Magento 2 full guide
Integrate the feed with Google
You have completed configuring your online Google Shopping feed. The last thing to do is integrate your feed with the Google marketplace.
Step 1: Connect the feed with the Google Merchant Center
Go from Products -> Feeds in the Merchant Center. Click on the + button to add a new feed into the Primary feeds. Register all the following details:
- Type: choose Products
- Country of sale: choose the sale country of your online store. This option should correspond to the Feed Localization and Feed Currency that you have configured previously in the Magento.
- Language: choose the display language for your store
- Destination: Choose the Shopping
- Name: Set the name that is easy to be identified in the Merchant Center. We advise you to set the name matching ones you have put in Magento.
- Input method: choose Upload, schedule fetch, or set the feed URL. However, you have a lot of conveniences when using FTP uploads.
Step 2: Generate the feed
In the feed management screen, you tap on the Run Now button. This feature allows you to schedule how often the feed is generated in the cron queue. In the next cron run, your feed will be processed. The process is started in under a minute, so you may have to reload the page to see the result.
As the feed is entirely generated, it will also be automatically uploaded to the Merchant Center. The feed will be generated regularly based on the Run Schedule you have configured.
Step 3: Review the results
Technically, everything is completed. But just in case, you should check all the things you have made so far one more time.
Go to your Google Merchant Center choose the feed you have just registered. See the number of products that have been processed. Review to see whether there is an issue or not.
Top Free And Premium Extensions For Google Shopping Magento 2
We list the top Google Shopping feed extensions in this section. Check out all features of them and decide the best one for your online store.
#1: Magenest Magento 2 Google Shopping
Magenest Magento 2 Google Shopping is an excellent extension for both beginners and experienced merchants. It supports synchronizing all data of products to the Merchant Center Account quickly, allowing the eCommerce users to upload goods details to Google Shopping with low effort.
With the help of Magento 2 Google Shopping, you can take all things about data synchronization under control. Your job is to define the right target country and configure the suitable display language. Your feed will be optimized, and more customers will click on your Google advertisement.
The great thing is Google Shopping Magento 2 allows you to synchronize the data manually or set up a schedule for automatic sync daily. It also supports editing, duplicating, and deleting product feeds.
Primary features of Magenest Magento 2 Google Shopping
- Synchronize data by itself using Content API.
- Support both manual and automatic synchronizing (users set up the scheduled time for automatic syncs).
- Map categories of Magento products with Google Categories quickly.
- Build templates for products by mapping Magento product attributes to Google Product Fields.
- Set up conditions for many feeds.
- Improve your Google Shopping campaigns by inputting UTM trackings.
- Support exporting product catalog from Magento to Google Merchant Center both manually and automatically.
- Build much product feeds for multiple marketing objectives.
- Update software for free during the lifetime.
- Guarantee for money back within 30 days from purchase date.
- Magento marketplace has verified this extension.
- Only 1-time payment.
- There is no hidden cost.
#2: Magenest Magento 2 Product Feed
Many retailers choose Magenest Magento 2 Product Feed as their favorite extensions to upload their product feeds on both Google and Facebook. This extension makes the process of product data uploading a lot easier.
Instead of accessing Facebook or Google Shopping to add goods by yourself, you can do this task right with several clicks right from the Magento backend.
Magento 2 Product Feed contains pre-set templates. You just need to fill in all the essential information to configure the ads. If you have a condition filter, feel free to apply it to export your file. There are 2 file formats supported by this extension, which are CSV and XML.
The great thing is you can determine the successful stage in the uploading process quickly and conveniently. Magento 2 Product Feed sends you emails as notifications automatically. Besides, it allows you to manage your uploads by seeing the uploading history.
Primary features of Magenest Magento 2 Product Feed
- Add the product feeds to Google Shopping and Facebook quickly and automatically.
- Supply many beautiful templates that are ready to use. You can use these templates to design your advertisement better. The file format XML is for Google Shopping, and CSV is for Facebook.
- Allow users to view history to monitor all activities and uploading stages.
- Notify users about new updates by sending emails.
- Allow users to configure feeds flexibly.
- Update software for free during the lifetime.
- Guarantee for money back within 30 days from purchase date.
- Magento marketplace has verified this extension.
- Provide free support for 6 months.
- Have no hidden fee.
- Low price.
#3: Mageplaza Magento 2 Product Feed
Magento 2 Product Feed is the next extension we want to recommend. This add-on helps you generate your product feeds easily and quickly to different shopping channels, including Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Google Shopping, Bing, and so on.
This plugin is accepting 3 file formats at the moment. You can insert TXT, XML, and CSV.
The extension gives you more chances of successful sales, as it supplies ready-to-use templates with beautiful designs to attract your guests. If you want to customize your own templates, this Product Feed also serves your needs. You can edit all the templates with ease by inputting all variables in the backend.
The uploading process is a lot faster with the new technology. Mageplaza Magento 2 Product Feed supports data uploads via either FTP or SFTP.
You can also create a public URL so that other shopping engines can access your feed easier.
Primary features of Mageplaza Magento 2 Product Feed
- Provide pre-made and customizable templates to suit different platforms.
- Supply a huge library that contains many useful variables for creating templates.
- Add products to your feeds automatically by configuring the conditions. The administrator can filter his products due to color, size, design, SKU, categories, and other factors.
- Accept many different types of products, including virtual, bundle, grouped, downloadable, configurable, and more.
- Send product data feeds automatically to all platforms and search engines that are compatible.
- Generate public URLs so that shopping engines can access the product data feeds quicker.
- Admin can set a schedule for automatic syncs and updates (every week, every month) or do the work manually.
- Guarantee for money back within 90 days from purchase date.
- Cost-free installation.
- Provide free support within a year.
- Provide lifetime software updates for free.
#4: Mirasvit Advanced Product Feeds for Magento 2
Mirasvit Advanced Product Feeds For Magento 2 can help with quick feed installation. The extension also helps you modify the feed to match the conditions and requirements of specific marketplaces.
In detail, the plugin is compatible with all current primary shopping and advertising services. There are multiple fields you can add to the feed. Of course, the extension allows you to customize each field.
Believe it or not, Mirasvit Magento 2 Product Feed features tons of available product filters. Users can export the attribute of a product, change the price, remap all categories, set up an automatic generation, and take advantage of built-in analytics.
Primary features of Mirasvit Advanced Product Feed for Magento 2
- Provide a step-by-step guide for simple installation.
- Export goods from any format users decide. The plugin accommodates over 100,000 goods from the admin database.
- Allow users to alter attributes, dynamic attributes, and map categories.
- Provide flexible filters by price, SKUs, out-of-stock products, parent categories, specific attributes, etc.
- Feature more than 50 ready-to-use templates so that users can customize the feed to meet the requirements of specific marketplaces.
- Supply a huge library of patterns that helps users design a beautiful feed to attract customers.
- Track the performance, purchase, and clicks with built-in Google Analytics and reports.
- Allow users to schedule the syncs of the data feed.
- Notify users about new changes (updates or failures ) by sending an email.
- Quick setup.
- Free installation.
- Access to source code for free during the lifetime.
- Cost-free support and updates within 365 days.
- Guarantee for money back within 30 days.
#5: Land Of Coder Magento 2 Product Feed
Retailers should not miss Land Of Coder Magento 2 Product Feed. This extension automatically generates product data feeds for any eCommerce store. Users can take advantage of the plugin to modify pre-made templates or design their own template to catch the eyes of their customers on multiple sales channels.
The extension is compatible with many marketplaces, including Amazon. Facebook, eBay, Google Shopping, and more. Land Of Coder Magento 2 Product Feed supports all standard file formats, including CSV, XML, TXT.
Everything will stay under your management, as this extension is integrated with Google Analytics. It automatically analyzes your activities and sends reports to you.
Primary features of Land Of Coder Magento 2 Product Feed
- Generates product data feeds automatically on different marketplaces and shopping engines.
- Provide ready-to-use templates that are suitable for specific platforms.
- Allow users to customize their own templates to draw attention from customers.
- Integrate with Google Analytics and send admin notifications.
- Track data feed generation history.
- Update the product data feed both manually and scheduled every day, every week, or every month. Administrators will decide on the updated schedule.
- Support many common file formats, such as CSV, TXT, XML.
- Allow administrators to set up UTM parameters for all goods, as well as monitor the statistics in their Google Account. Users can control the number of clicks and orders that a product receives and determine one that makes the best sales performance.
- Free software update during the lifetime.
- Complete opened sources.
- Guarantee for money back within 30 days.
#6: Plum Rocket Magento 2 Data Feed Generator Extension
As the name describes, the Plum Rocket Magento 2 Data Feed Generator Extension helps you generate data feeds for your eCommerce store and on different sales channels. The plugin supports uploading the feeds to Google Merchant Center via FTP.
There are multiple built-in templates that are available to use. Users can use them to show their products on many networks, including LinkShare, ShareASale, Tune, and more.
In case administrators have an extensive product catalog, they can use 50 visual tags in the template editor to design the most suitable feed for the requirements.
Primary features of Plum Rocket Magento 2 Data Feed Generator Extension
- Build a full data feed template from the beginning with the “blank document” template.
- Provide intelligent data feed tags to speed up the code writing process in the visual template editor.
- Feature more than 50 custom tags that describe RSS, CSV, and XML catalogs.
- Allow administrators to set up the requirements for filters. This helps users specify product categories easier.
- Give no limitation for the number of data feeds that users can create.
- Support users in setting custom data formats.
- Supports large databases that store tens of thousands of goods.
- Support multiple stores.
- Give multiple options for display languages.
- Cache data feed by itself.
- Trigger affiliate pixels for 2 program types: CPS and CPL.
- Allow users to define cache lifetime.
- Low price
- Money-back guarantee within 60 days.
- Support for free within 3 months.
- Provide software updates for free during the entire lifetime.
- Easy installation.
- Fast feed generation for eCommerce stores.
#7: Webkul Google Shopping Feed Magento 2
Webkul Google Shopping Feed For Magento 2 is a great extension that focuses on generating users’ products on the Google Search Page, right next to the goods of other opponents.
Using this extension, administrators can build Google Product feeds for the goods in their eCommerce stores, export goods to Google Merchant Account, and configure the categories right in the Magento backend.
Magento 2 integrates with Google Shopping. This means data on Google Shopping Feed is automatically updated right after you save the information in the Magento.
Primary features of Webkul Google Shopping Feed Magento 2
- Give ease in authorizing Google Merchant Account.
- Allow users to set up Google product feed right in the module configuration in the Magento. Administrators can decide the target store, target customers, product status (new, used, re-stock, and so on).
- Integrate attributes in Google Merchant Account with ones in Magento.
- Allow users to reset or modify product attributes.
- Support in mapping dynamic attributes.
- Accept multiple types of products, including simple, virtual, bundle, downloadable, and configurable.
- Any changes for products in the Magento backend are applied for products in the Google Feeds.
- Allow users to set up account ID if they have many different accounts in the Google Merchant Center.
- Administrators can set goods that do not have an identification number as a custom product.
- Support module translations.
- Export product data in just a single click.
- Allow users to manage products that have been exported to Google Merchant Center.
- Users can choose a support period (3 months, 6 months, or 1 year). Extra fees are applied if users choose 6 months or 1 year.
- Guarantee for money back within 30 days.
- Upgrade software for free during a lifetime.
- Require just 1-time payment.
#8: Magebees Product Feed Generator For Magento 2
Magebees Product Feed Generator allows more customers to reach your product data feed. The extension generates your feeds to different shopping places to improve your sales performance. Some popular marketplaces that the plugin supports are Google Shopping, Bing Shopping, Amazon, PriceGrabber, Nextag, etc.
The extension also includes more than 35 templates that are available and ready to use. You just need to fill all data in those templates to quickly create a feed. Rest in mind that all templates meet the standards of all primary shopping engines.
Primary features of Magebees Product Feed Generator For Magento 2
- Provide more than 35 available templates that meet the requirements of primary marketplaces, including Google Shopping
- Support 2 common file formats, which are CSV and XML
- Supply multiple filters to help administrators configure the feeds with ease. You can filter products by sets, types, visibility, category, status, stock status, etc.
- Set up specific price, date, time format for different feeds
- Set up the period for scheduled feed updates
- Build complete feeds after a short period of time using either FTP or SFTP server.
- Decide the conditions for product attributes.
- Adjust the export value
- Integrate categories in Magento 2 with ones in other shopping platforms
- Allow users to choose the right currency for the product feed.
- Guarantee for money back within 60 days.
- Free support within 12 months.
- Provide free software updates during the entire lifetime.
- Easy to customize feed as the extension is 100% open source.
- Meet the code standard of Magento.
#9: FME Magento 2 Google Feed
FME Magento 2 Google Feed improves the traffic and expands your brand exposure, thereby bringing more customers to your online stores. The FME extension is compatible with multiple shopping platforms, not only Google Shopping but also Facebook, Bing Shopping, eBay, and so on.
The plugin provides different feed templates in common formats like CSV and XML. You can take advantage of them to build beautiful product data feeds that meet the standard of most major marketplaces.
FME Google Feed also supports changing the attributes of products and setting up displays of specific goods in different shopping engines. You can also use the plugin to add items to your feeds with conditions.
It is easy to validate your sales performance, as FME Google Feed integrates with Google Analytics to track your store activities on the shopping platforms.
Primary features of FME Magento 2 Google Feed
- Build and monitor many product feeds in a single place.
- Provide templates to customize feeds for different shopping platforms.
- Generate products on chosen marketplaces.
- Apply Google Analytics to track store traffic and validate sales performance. Administrators can configure Google Analytics to monitor traffic better.
- Support common file-formats including CSV and XML.
- Set up the conditions for the product attribute filter. The extension will add products that meet the conditions to the feeds.
- Adjust product attribute values for different target feeds
- Handle Tables Rates in Magento.
- Support removing unwanted goods in the product feed.
- Provide options for excluding disabled products, out-of-stock goods, and not visible products.
- Guarantee for money back within 45 days.
- Get free support.
- Upgrade for free.
That’s everything about Google Shopping Feed Magento 2. You now understand the features of this extension, as well as how to set up and configure it for your eCommerce store.
Besides Google Shopping Feed Magento 2, we recommend other good extensions that also support generating product data feed on online shopping platforms. Please consider carefully to choose the most suitable plugin for your business.
We believe that the extension will help you draw more attention from customers and increase sales performance. If anything is unclear, please get in touch with us and leave us questions. We will solve your problems as soon as we can.